Pyjama Girl-

This is a site full of tales and late night ramblings from an art student who is now living at home and recovering day by day from a medical procedure.

Pyjama Girl's question- Am I the only one who lives in my pyjamas?

Sunday 19 October 2008

Meow!

Yo all!


So I'm at uni and having a great time though have a lot of work going on. Just wanted to upload some of the things I've been working on.

This is a piece I did for a uni project to do with making/designing a container to hold something precious to you. To me there was a lot of things that were precious to me that had to do with a certain relationship I had.
We were told to think about special things like quotes and poems or letters. In this box I printed the lyrics of a song me and my ex loved and listened to during our relationship, onto tracing paper and stuck them to the back on the mirror. I then hung my locket with photos of the two of us in it in front of that. I sprinkled white glitter into that side of the box so that it looked like a sparkly, light, new relationship. The on the other side i smashed the mirror, stuck a wilted rose (he brought me roses one year for my birthday,) with droplets on top of the smashed mirror pieces.
On each side of the drawers I painted a woman's face. One with a rose tattoo who is smiling. The other is crying so it almost looks like one person, with the both sides of her. I also put my favourite page from one of my fave love stories into the middle drawer. It is the page from Jane Eyre where she declares that just because she is small and plain and obselete, she still has as much heart as anyone else. In the next drawer down I wrote in cursive and decorated one of my fave quotes:
The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference. Even if you hate me, you still care.
The top drawer was fake so i used printed card making font to spell out the word love and clued that to it. I then did a small card holding two 'wedding bands' to put on top of a small amount of cream lace. I also wrote I love you in lipstick (Acrylic paint,) on the mirror and glued gold beads around it.
All in all it has all had major differences to it from how it was originally. It really is suppossed to portray the relationship, to contain it in a box. The music the box plays is beautiful but bittersweet and that too goes well with the container.
Another piece I did was for an absolutely awesome flat full of the most wickedest peoples! Or cats I should say.
OK, off to bed. Lecture early in the morning **sigh.**

No comments: