Pyjama Girl-

This is a site full of tales and late night ramblings from an art student who is now living at home and recovering day by day from a medical procedure.

Pyjama Girl's question- Am I the only one who lives in my pyjamas?

Sunday 6 July 2008

Fairgrounds and picnics

Bonjourno PJ-ers!

Today was the huge family meet up to celebrate both my brother's and my cousin's birthday. We met at my Aunties with the plan of going to the park (wicksteeds.) However, in typical British tradition it piddled it down so we had out picnics indoors. Laid a picnic blanket down and the kids and mum and I sat on it and pretended to have a proper picnic indoors for them and they loved it.

The weather brightened up so we drove to the park and went on a load of rides. I was happy and totally obsessed with the carousel. I always think they are so beautiful and traditional. I went on the pirate swinging ship with the second youngest and he was both scared and enjoying it. We kept reasurring him and screaming with him. We walked about a lot today and I only had a few hours sleep, less than usual even. My legs weren't listening to me at all today and now my hands aren't. But I got down to the rides. The kids went on one with my sister and brother and whilst the rest of us waited it blooming chucked it down! I blame my cousin's boy friend. He put his sunglasses on and jinxed it.

We made our way over to the bigger rides like the log flume and rollarcoaster as we figured as we were already wet why not go on and have a laugh. I couldn't do many of the rides because of my disability and the pain. I went on one with my littlest cousin which went up and down and round but wasn't jolty and she loved it and loved me for taking her on it. Went on the racing cars and I over took 3 cars and won. Went on the log flume and it was goood. Big family log flume fun lol.

We made our way back to the car at 5.30 and decided to play a ball and bat game. Tip and run or something? :S I think they made it up but it was amaaaazing! So0o0o much fun. I couldn't do much. I got to bat and my friend Paul ran for me and I got to stand and field in one spot and actually caught someone out.

All in all it was a fantabulous day! I got home cold and still a bit damp and got my pjs on, put the heater on, got my hot water bottle for my back, got a cup of tea, my Death Note dvds (which came btw! :D) and a box of choccies...

Pure Bliss!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your day sounds great! And the doggies are doing much better. Much treats were administered, and things are settling down! Yay to liver snaks!
xoxo
Dollybelle

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your Frieda Kahlo story if inspiration. You are an inspiration to me! And I like your banner with the corset lady..reminds me of Frieda!
Keep creating and rocking!
xoxo
Dollybelle